Before the end of your agreement and collection it is important that you take time to inspect your vehicle. A good place to start is the outside appearance and then on to the interior, below we have offered some general advice:
- External body appearance – check all panels for significant damage including scratches or dents
- External Glass – inspect windows, mirrors and lights checking for chips, cracks or holes
- Wheels – check for any damage to alloy wheels, trims or tyres including the spare (if applicable)
- Appearance – inspect the interior of your vehicle and check for tears, stains or burns in your upholstery also check the dashboard
- Controls – Whilst checking the dashboard ensure that all controls are fully functional, this includes audio equipment, satellite navigation or accessories
The appointed collection agent will check your vehicle in good light (if possible) so when checking your own vehicle it is advisable to do the same, it might be a good idea to ask a friend or family member to help as two pairs of eyes can be better than one.
The collection agent will be working on behalf of the finance company and will record the mileage and the condition of the vehicle, you will be required to confirm that the details recorded are correct and accurate by signing the relevant paperwork or a digital equivalent.
In addition to the physical appearance of your current vehicle you will also be required to supply the following:
- Fully stamped and up to date service book (or equivalent in digital format)
- Operators manual (if applicable)
- Full set of keys
- Operation manual (if applicable as some can be in digital format only)
- MOT certificate (if applicable)
Cherished plate (Private registration)
It will be your responsibility to place your cherished plate onto retention with the DVLA, this process can take up to 12 weeks and therefore we strongly advise looking in to this now. If your vehicle is collected and possibly sold at auction with your cherished plate on you will not be able to get it back.
Fair Wear and Tear Guide
We work in conjunction with the BVRLA and to give you guidance on what is an acceptable condition for your vehicle to be returned in, we have added a link that takes you to the BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear Guide please click on the BVRLA logo below.
Ordering your new vehicle
To allow for your new vehicle to coincide with the collection of your current one it is important to speak with us sooner rather than later as new cars can take some time to arrive especially if you would like a bespoke factory order.
We will always have vehicles available from our own stock, these will be of a fixed specification and colour, to view our current offers please click our logo below to visit our website. Alternatively please call us on 01603 859022 or email us directly email@example.com
Finally we hope that you have enjoyed your current vehicle and that we have been able to help you with everything you need and that you experienced our highest level of service, we continue to build our business on our service levels and of course our special prices but just in case you need reminding please click the Trustpilot logo below.
We do hope that you have enjoyed your current vehicle and look forward to speaking with you soon to help with your next.